10/04/2015

Growing up

I can't remember the first time I went to a café by myself to have a hot chocolate and/or a meal, but what I do remember is feeling really awkward, not knowing where to look and what to do with myself.

At the moment I'm living a sweet life in New Zealand, where I spend my time catching up with people and working at a bar and kitchen three times a week. However during the day, literally everyone is at work and the only company I have is my laptop and myself. The easiest thing to do so far has been to just chill all day on netflix and talking to my friends in Norway, which I love (I'm a bed person), but when I do it everyday it gets old.

"Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself."


Becoming independent is something travelling and being alone has taught me. My mentality now is "just do it" when it comes to doing things that are outside my comfort zone. Going to cafés alone might seem like a easy thing to do and a lot of people might not see how that can be scary for some people. I used to think it was scary as hell, like I explained in the first paragraph. Today I went to Pukekohe and I sat in a cafe waiting for my food and I felt so grown up. I could relax and I was enjoying my own company. My time so far in New Zealand has forced me to become more independent and I love it. And it turns out that all those "love yourself first" quotes are true. And I'm one step closer to finding myself.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar